In the last few days I have been able to do some over-the-head reaching! I'm not pushing hard, but I have been able to do a more thorough Half Moon. There's a bit of a twist to the Half Moon so I'm still pretty careful with it, but all in good time. For me, I count it a success that I can do any of this favorite.
Yesterday I did the full 90 minute class - I did as many double sets as I could and only skipped a few of them - ones I will have to continue skipping until I figure out the problem with twists.
Today I am a bit sore in the upper back, but it is the 'I worked muscles that aren't used to working' pain and not the 'Oh-my-God-you-crazy-woman-what-have-you-done' pain. Ice packs have been good for that.
I believe the progress has been in large part from the Yoga itself as well as this little stretching gem that I stumbled across on You Tube - these stretches are a bit different than the PT stretches I have learned. I can feel the tension loosening each day. Mobility has improved.
If you suffer with pain in the scapula, try these!
No comments:
Post a Comment