Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl bravery

In the spirit of the game I tried going a little further in some postures yesterday. I suppose I didn't crash and burn harder than Manning and his crew (what a painful game to watch!) but it didn't go very well for me.

I tried staying longer and coming up out of my core a bit more in Half-Moon, I also attempted going further in Triangle and I attempted a teeny tiny bit in the Spine-Twisting Pose. For the latter I did the leg set up, did not cross one arm over (I left my arms at my sides) and only turned my head the tiniest bit.

What all these have in common is a twist.

Darn Twists!

Today my hips felt out of whack and my whole upper back was flared up. Thankfully the flare-up was only about a 4 rather than the usual 8-9 of the 10 scale. I can also still move my neck better than I have been and things aren't as 'stuck' in general. I will take that as an improvement. Part of the issue was also sitting on our big comfy couch for a long time watching the game, but that usually just results in some neck tightness and a sore butt. The pain I had today was the usual fare for post-twists.

I was able to get things back in line with my practice today - I did the 60 minute class with just one set of most poses. I skipped Half-Moon altogether as I felt that that one is risky anyway even when I don't push it.

Laying in corpse pose was agony. That has been going so much better lately. It took some work to get the kinks out before I could lay flat.

The belly-down savasanas following Cobra and Full Locust felt wonderful though and I think I am in love with the Bow Pose! I finally know how to get my shoulders down and back with that one and the release in my shoulders is awesome. A little hard on my knees though. I will have to see about correcting that.

As of today twists are still on the black list. Maybe another day.... :(







No comments:

Post a Comment